e have prepared guided tours around Velika planina for larger and smaller organised groups, with the emphasis on learning about herdsmen’s tradition.
The traditional snack is available in one of the cottages, where you are served with sour milk, buckwheat mush or domestic mountain cheese. Together with the guide, you can visit the herdsmen’s settlement, Snow Mary chapel, Preskar museum and Veternica cave. In the afternoon hours, you can finish off your trip by visiting some of the sites of interest in Kamniška Bistrica.
- 9.00 – reception at the bottom station of the cable car in Kamniška Bistrica
- 9.15 – cable car ride to the mountain
- 9.30 – hike to the herdsmen’ settlement
- 10.30 – 12.00 – visit of the herdsmen’ settlement, Preskar museum, Snow Mary chapel and Veternica cave
- 12.30 – lunch at the lodging hous eof Zeleni rob (additional payment)
- 13.30 – return to the valley
- 14.00 – ride to the source of the Kamniška Bistrica
- 14.30 – 15.30- visit of the source of the river, Plečnik’s mansion and Predaselj gorge