Educational and interesting step into the alpine world!
The tours around Velika planina are appropriate for higher and lower grades of primary school and are adjusted in time and content to the children’s age.
The guided tour of Velika planina presents an unique and educational experience.
By visiting the herdsmen’s settlement, they learn about present and past herdsmen’s simple way of life on Velika planina. They also encounter Velika planina’s unique architecture. The additional value of the trip also presents the hike around the beautiful nature in the heart of the Kamnik Alps.
The trip is guided by local mountain guides who welcome the group at the bottom station of the cable car and bid farewell at the end of the program.
- 9.00 – arrival at the bottom station of the cable car in Kamniška Bistrica, followed by the cable car ride on the mountain
- 9.30 – walk to the herdsmen’ settlement (45 minutes) with a snack break
- 10.30 – 12.00- visit of the herdsmen’ settlement, Preskar museum, Snow Mary chapel and Veternica cave
- 13.00 – Lunch at the guest house Zeleni rob (surcharge)
- 14.15 – departure from Zeleni rob
- 15.00 Return to the valley by cable car
The time of group’s arrival and the end of the program can be adjusted to the individual requests.